(HealthDay News) -- Toddlers are in the midst of developing muscle strength, concentration, creativity and spatial awareness.
To help give these factors a boost, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends:
- encouraging building with blocks and pegboards,
- stringing large beads,
- coloring with crayons and chalk,
- working large, simple jigsaw puzzles of four or five pieces,
- pouring water to and from containers of different sizes,
- building sand castles,
- playing dress-up with dolls, changing outfits with snaps, laces and zippers.