(HealthDay News) -- Eyestrain occurs when your eyes get tired from intense use, says Mayo Clinic. Usually, eyestrain is not serious and goes away once you rest your eyes or make lifestyle changes.
To reduce eyestrain, Mayo suggests:
- Blink often to refresh your eyes.
- Take breaks. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Adjust lighting to reduce glare on your computer monitor.
- Enlarge type on your screen for easier reading.
- Adjust the contrast and brightness of electronics to a comfortable level.