(HealthDay News) -- Confusion is the inability to think as clearly or quickly as normal, says MedlinePlus. From intoxication to head trauma, confusion can have a variety of causes.
To help a confused person, MedlinePlus suggests:
- Always introduce yourself, no matter how well the person once knew you.
- Remind the person of his or her location.
- Place a calendar and clock near the person.
- Talk about current events and plans for the day.
- Keep surroundings calm, quiet and peaceful.
MedlinePlus urges you to call 911 if confusion has come on suddenly or is accompanied by other symptoms.