(HealthDay News) -- Facial wrinkles can be caused by aging, smoking and sun damage, says Cleveland Clinic.
Though there are treatment options for wrinkles, it's best to prevent them before they develop.
Cleveland Clinic mentions these ways to prevent wrinkles:
- Apply sunscreen every day as part of your morning routine.
- Avoid products that are harsh on the skin. Find gentle moisturizers.
- Consume less sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Get fresh air. Avoid environmental pollutants, such as soot and exhaust.
- Do your best to get six-to-eight hours of sleep each night.
- Include healthy fats in your diet, such as olive oil, nuts and avocado.
- If you smoke, quit.